Position Typ: Full-time
Position Title: Applications Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Project Engineer
Koco DC-Motion, Inc. is seeking a young, motivated engineer with a range of skills, ability and willingness to learn.
As a small company, our employees are expected to participate in multiple tasks.
Visit our website, www.kocodcmotion.com for more information about our company, products, and markets served.
The position involves the following disciplines:
- project management
- quality assurance
The Applications Engineer will take initial inquiries from customers, and calculate/determine a "best fit" product (motor, gearbox, encoder, controller, etc.) for the customer's application.
He or she will work through sample development stages, and help bring the product to mass production as a solution to the customer's application.
The applications engineer is responsible as the primary communicator from the customer to the R&D team, logistics team, QA team, upper management, etc..
A degree in mechanical or electrical engineering will be required.
Excellent communication skills, and project management skills are preferred.
Domestic travel will be required for customer visits and tradeshows.
International travel will be required for product training at our manufacturing facilities
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering will be required
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Project management skills desired
- Domestic travel will be required for customer visits and tradeshows
- International travel will be required for training at the manufacturing facility and potential customer visits
Approximate Hours Per Week
Travel Percentage: <20% travel
Requires Background Check: Yes
Degree Level: Bachelor’s
- Solidworks, Autocad, Microsoft Office, basic machining, & metrology
- Mechanical product design
- Project Management
- Communication Skills
- Electrical design
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
Minimum Desired GPA 3.0
Starting Salary: $65,000/year
Posting Date: “Today”
Expiration Date: 9/30/2018
Mr. Kevin M Oda
Senior Applications Engineer
Koco DC-Motion, Inc.
335 Cochrane Circle
Morgan Hill, CA 95037